50% of sexually active youths will contract an STD by 25!
Protect yourself with knowledge.
Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) and sexually transmitted infections (STIs) can be a serious concern. Just because STI’s are common doesn’t mean they’re no big deal.
Left untreated, infections can cause irreversible damage to your reproductive system. This in turn can lead to a high risk of pregnancy, miscarriage, infertility, sterility or other long-term complications. Both STIs can pass onto newborns during childbirth if the mother is infected and remains untreated.
Most people who have STDs don’t know it.
• More than 90% of people with HPV have no symptoms
• About 90% of people with gonorrhea of the throat have no symptoms
• 70% of people with chlamydia have no symptoms
• More than 60% of people with herpes have no symptoms
• Almost no one is ever diagnosed with acute HIV infection; people with HIV are most infectious when they are first infected and when they have end-stage AIDS
The Center for Disease Control can provide you with accurate and up-to-date information on each STI.
We offer free Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) education, resources and referrals. Please contact us for more information.
Your Next Steps
Have Questions? Please call 856-374-2445 or schedule your appointment.